Saturday, August 22, 2009

August 20, 2009

Saturday, August 22, 2009
Hello Everyone!

     How is everyone doing? It's great to hear from all of you! Letters are honestly gold here if that were possible and I'm going to have to agree with that statement. This week has been another week that has flown by and I'm coming to the final stretch in the MTC. I'm glad that I don't have much longer because I want to get out there as soon as I can!

      Anyways the language is coming great! My teachers have said that I needed to work on my reception skills so that is what I have been concentrating on this entire week and I have noticed an improvement. Like I don't have to concentrate as much to understand everything, so that is giving me more energy throughout the day. We don't really talk anymore and it's weird to talk sometimes now. Like my voice sometimes goes away because we don't talk a lot anymore. Weird huh? So maybe when I finish my mission I won't have a voice, that would definitely be weird haha. But either way I have to love the language and I have come to appreciate my calling and all the opportunities that it has given me already.

      I'd like to share an experience with all of you that has happened to me today. As you all know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes in temple work just as it was in the Biblical days. So every P-day, or in other words every thursday for me, we get the opportunity to go to the Provo Temple. The mission president has asked that we don't practice our language skills during the temple sessions by having our mission language in the temple session but this week the temple workers asked us if we wanted to do that. We told them no at first because of that rule but they insisted and did it anyway. Sort of weird but oh well. WOW!! I love the ASL temple session it's amazing. I learned so much from that and I'm greateful that they let us have the opportunity to do that. After that, we talked to the temple president and asked him a lot of questions. Those men are so wise and so smart with the scriptures and everythign to do with the temple. I'm so happy today, it's crazy. So yeah today was an amazing day.

      The MTC is great, yeah it's like a boot camp, but it's for our own good, to get us ready for the mission field. You're always tired but I never thought that the work would never not wear you out. But it's worth it, I know that it is becuase I feel that the Lord is guided each and every step of mine to know what to study for our investigators, who are our teachers who portray investigators that they had while they were on the mission. It's hard becuase they don't wnat to listen sometimes, and most of all it's hard to express your thoughts when you're learning the language as you are teaching. It's certainly frustrating when you can't get the point across.

      Well the timer is flashing at me so I have to go. I hope everything is going well with all of you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates