Thursday, August 13, 2009

To all August 13,2009.

Thursday, August 13, 2009
Hello again!

     It's another week down and this one was by far, one of the fastest weeks in my life. It feels like it was just yesterday when I wrote another email but it's not. Oh well. I'm going into my 6th week so 2/3 of the way done, and then I'm off to LA. I'm so pumped and excited, especially seeing Elder Ludwig go off to Argentina. I know he will do well and serve the Argentinan people well.

     Anyways, the language has been coming along well, we had interpreters come for the firesides and devotionals and it was amazing to see how we should be signing, but what was more scary is that that's how I'm going to be while I'm out on the mission! It's funny to see everyone staring at us, since we sit in the front row, because they think it's interesting I guess. I don't know. All I know is that they don't look at the speaker but instead look at us signing and the interpreters. Sort of funny. 

     I don't know what else to say since everyday is the same here, no lie. But I do have an experience to share. So I lived in Wilsonville, OR back in the day and I hadn't really had any relations with the Church, so I didn't really know who was a member or not. But one day at lunch here this "random" Elder comes up to me and says "Erik?! Oh my gosh, how have you been?! Do you remember me?!" At first I was like uh...who are you and no I don't remember you, but I have to go I'm going to be late for class, which I was by the way. But later on the day I saw him again and same thing happened, except I wanted to know how he knew my name since it's not on your name tag. Anyways it turns out we hung out at school and played wall ball. We had science class together in the 8th grade at Inza R. Wood Middle School. Interesting huh? This is just evidence that this world is a pretty small place and everything. So yeah that's been the high light of the week. 

     So our district gets to host the new missionaries this coming Wednesday so I'm looking forward to that. I don't know what else to say, the Spirit is so strong here it's hard to describe. But yeah, been learning a lot, not just about the gospel but about myself as well. OH, and my companion is doing better, I think that something hit him and now he is putting in more effort, so that's a good thing.

I hope all is well with all of you and I hope to hear from all of you. I'm glad to be here, there is no place I'd rather be. Anyways I got to go and I'll email next week.

Take Care,
Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates