Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 6,2009.

Saturday, August 8, 2009
Hello again!

So this is now the fourth week in the MTC. How great it has been to serve the Lord and see how the blessings of the Spirit touch us in our daily lives here, it's amazing! How is everyone doing? I hope everything is going well with all of you and I wish nothing but the best for all of you.

Anyways this week has been an interesting one. Last Friday was our first TRC appointment in all ASL. It was crazy but I knew that I had the spirit because I didn't understand anything but I was led to know what to say when I needed to say something. We taught this lady that was deaf and she was very demanding with our sign. I think she corrected both of us a couple of times but it wasn't discouraging. But I think that we helped her understand the importance of the gospel and how it can make us happier. So that was a great obstacle that we had to climb and I will say that it was a success.

The weeks are starting to go a lot faster now and I'm enjoying that. Not that I don't like the MTC but because I want to be out in the field and teaching people the gospel. My companion got call from his mission president in San Diego and he is now leaving a week early, what a lucky elder. But I know that my companion is ready language wise so I know that it will not affect him in any way. Another way that I feel that the spirit has affected me this week is when we went to the RC this last Tuesday. I have a progressing investigator, her name is Cassandra, and I have talked to her twice now. This time she had a lot more questions concering the gold plates that she said "coincidently miraculously disappeared when the people were kicking them out of their land." But for some reason I felt that she was not really worried about that and I felt impressed that she was reading anti-mormon literature. She said that she had and she asked me how I knew. I didn't know what to tell her, other than the fact that I knew through the spirit. Even though we were talking through a chat I know that she felt the spirit when I taught her that that sort of literature is not good for the spirit and that it creates contention. I gave her the scripture in 3 Nephi that says that contention is of the devil and if anything creates contention it's not of the Lord. She finally understood the importance of not reading that material because yes it's another point of view of the church but that point of view is not true and it's the devil trying to prevent people from the gospel. So pray for her that she will understand and commit to not read that material any longer and that she will have questions that are from her, not from authors that are against the Church.

I love the MTC, I love the spirit that has and is here. It's so strong here, it's amazing! We had our first mission conference and even though it was two hours long, it was really insightful and meaningful to me. I enjoy having front row seats to every fireside and devotional since we are ASL missionaries. We also get an interpreter this next tuesday so pray for me that I will be able to understand and be able to learn more of the language through that experience.

I love you all, I pray for all of you, and I hope that you are all doing well. The Church is true.

Take Care,
Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates