Monday, September 7, 2009

Hello Everyone! September 3, 2009

Monday, September 7, 2009
Hey Everyone!

It's been a great week! Long but way cool! Partly because it is my last week here at the MTC. I'm not going to lie it's making me a little nervous to go out to LA and immerse myself into the deaf program in Los Angeles but I know that the Spirit will guide and direct me to know what I need to do. It's crazy the think that I have been here for 2 months! They have been so helpful and I know that I have grown a lot for sure!

My companion Elder Carlson left this past Tuesday and things are different. We are a three-some now and it took some getting us to since we had to teach as a three-some. Luckily we got to practice and I think we finally have things down because we all have different teaching styles for sure. I love teaching, it brings the Spirit into the room when you are looking for it, even though it's a fake investigator but I have come to teach as if it were a real one. 

There is not really anything else that has happened really. I wish I could say but all of it is meetings for preparation to leave the MTC and go out into the field, very boring because it all applies to different missions and not ASL.

OH, I almost forgot I got to translate some more from Spanish to ASL and I'm starting to get really good at it. I know that this is my calling because I am able to do that. It's interesting to see how it's sort of easier to go from Spanish to ASL but my teachers said that that is normal for any interpreter. 

Anyways I'm really excited to serve the people of Los Angeles, even though it's burning down, haha. But I pray that their hearts will be softened and that they will be willing to hear this wonderful message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it to be true, and I know that if we count on the Lord that He will bless our lives if we let Him and IF we are obidient. I love His examples and I know there are always things we can improve in, especially when it comes to comparing ourserlves to the Savior. 

Just a thought I think it would be best if you all started mailing stuff to my mission address, which hopefully is up there. It is...     1591 E. Temple Way, Los Angeles, CA 90024 .  So yeah, that would be great if you all did that.

I love you all so much and I miss you all tons, but I know that this is the place I need to be. Hope to hear from you soon!

Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates