Monday, November 23, 2009

Remember..

Monday, November 23, 2009
Family & Friends,

How are you all doing? It's been another crazy week of course. But it's been a really inspiration experience to see how the Lord has prepared His children for us so that we may have the opportunity to teach them. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me as the mission goes on.

On saturday I got the opportunity to go on splits with my district leader, which so happens to be my companion haha. I know that that day was a test of faith for the both of us to see if we would endure to the end of the day because we received the biggest blessing that day. Throughout the whole day we didn't have a single lesson, we tried to contact some people we hadn't met before and they were either busy or not home. It got really discouraging to see that we were having no success that day. But it all was in the purpose of the Lord. We were about an hour ahead of schedule and we were on our last backup, Juan, so as were driving to his house we were trying to think of people who lived in the area so that we could at least find one person but no one lived near him. We got there and he wasn't home but his aunt, Nancy, was home and said that Juan had gone to the store but would be back shortly. But for deaf people that means a long time. At that point, we had nothing else to do but try and see if the Nancy would be willing to hear our message. This is were the blessing comes in. I told her, "¿SeƱora ha eschucado del evangelio de Jesuchristo?" so in english "Mam, have you heard of the gospel of Jesus Christ?" And to my amazement she said, "no but my sister has heard it and I would like to hear it too." She continued to express that she knows her church is wrong, but needs to have that feeling that this Church is true. I bore my testimony and I shared Joseph Smith's first vision and we all knew that the spirit was there. The spirit was so strong and you could see in her eyes that she knew it. After that lesson, we were discussing and we noticed that if our day had gone any differently we would have missed the opportunity to meet her. Had we taught another lesson, had we given up and called it a day, we would have missed her.

And that is how life works, as well. We may not see the light at the end of the tunnel, we may think we are doing everything right and aren't seeing any success, but the Lord is fulfilling his word that he said in D&C 4-the field is white already to harvest. I know that if we can withstand our trials until the end that we will see and receive those blessings that are instore for us. If only it were that easy-to see those blessings instantly but it's not that easy. As I have been reading the Book of Mormon, I have noticed that mostly all of the people received their blessings instantly but most end up becoming prideful and later turn away from the Lord. Look at Laman & Lemuel, they received the promise of the promised land, they saw angels, they felt the power of God, but yet they still seemed to not have that faith to endure a short trial of being in the wilderness. I know this Church is true, I know that if we apply the teachings of the scriptures that our trials will be lightened. I know it because I have seen and experienced those blessings, despite all the trials and hardships I've gone through. All we have to do is trust the Lord with everything and then we got it made.

I love you all and miss you tons! I hope that you have a wonderful thanksgiving holiday and remember to look for those blessings that the Lord has given you, and then give thanks for them! But most of all remember to be happy! Take care.

Elder Leavell
P.S. Next week my pday is on wednesday, so email me before then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates