Monday, November 16, 2009

Phew...

Monday, November 16, 2009
So transfers were this week and...I got transferred out of the ASL program. It's all good I know that our President is an inspired man and knows what he is doing. I can't wait for the new adventures that this new transfer will bring...Haha just kidding. I'm still in the ASL program but we are in a threesome. Our new addition is Elder Lingam from Provo, UT. Great Elder, little shy but President said that he has confidence in me that I will take that away from him haha. I don't know what he was supposed to mean by that ;) But this week we got NOTHING done. All we had were meetings and more meetings, so I felt like the biggest bucket in the world. Bucket means to do nothing and to do what a bucket does which is to sit around and carry things, which in the case of missionary work is weight. Luckily this week we had excuses because normally bucketing normally doesn't end well, especially with the President.

At the beginning of the week we visited the Maravilla family again and we tried to help them get ready for baptism that was supposed to be this coming week. But, as always, something came up. The court decided that it would be a good idea to council and mentor the kids, which it is a good idea, and try to help them to stop rebelling against their parents. The problem with this is that they come over during Church hours. LAME! Dang court people, always getting in the way haha. But really it's a good thing because we can only do so much as missionaries and the court has more influence and power over them -because they have to do it. Anyways the court people will be going over there for about 2 months, so that puts them off till January. But for the past week I haven't been feeling well, and I have been trying to make it through me being sick but it got the better of me and I had to stay home on Sister Blackburn's orders. I got this sweet tiger pillow, well it's like a kids bed but I still think it's pretty sweet. Haha but my companion decided to close it while I was sleeping, somehow I didn't wake up, maybe it's because of the Nyquil. Either way that pillow is amazing and that ended our day early.
Wednesday we were at the mission home all day picking up our new missionary and we went tracting, YAY! I haven't really done that ever before and it was awesome. We went to Beverly Hills and obviously they have maids there and during the day the owners are not there. Unfortunately, Elder Lingam doesn't speak spanish so all he had to do was knock and say "Hi we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we have a wonderful message about you," and about two seconds later the woman would say "No hablo ingles." Hahaha so we told him to look pretty as me and Elder Cordy spoke spanish. It was a wonderful experience and it made me have a desire to go into the other program, so that I can have those wonderful experiences of that part of missionary work. It truely testified to me that the spirit is with us because we only talk to those people for about 10 minutes each and we have to say something that impact the rest of their lives, so without the spirit we are nothing. We don't know what to say and we don't know what's going through their lives and I'm truely grateful to have that gift and to have that inspiriation to help those people come closer to Christ. Anyways we were at the mission home the rest of the day and went through a lot of meetings to help us prepare to train Elder Lingam. That day we got home at 9:45, which isn't our fault just that LA traffic isn't the nicest when you are in a hurry haha. Oh well, hopefully Elder Lingam likes us and I hope that he enjoys his time here in the best mission in the world.
The rest of the week was meetings and more meetings because Elder Cordy is now a district leader so we were either at the mission home or at the church the whole day. So that pretty much summarizes our week...meetings. But one exciting thing that happened is that we went to the deaf expo...ha not there was only like 30 people there and it really wasn't worth our time. But we did meet with some people who work for Sorenson, the VP service. The said that they were waiting for our call and we said that we were waiting for their call, but we got everything resolved and we are finally going to get a VP! I'm so excited partially becuase we can talk to more people but because it will help us become more like a Preach my Gospel missionary, since we are asked to visit our investigators and make daily contact everyday but our investigators are pretty seperated and it wouldn't be effective if we just go to one area of the city and not going to the others. So I'm excited for that.
But once again I have to flake on the spiritual thought so I'm sorry again. I didn't have much personal study this week because of all the meetings. Promise next week. But I do want to leave you with a challenge. Our Mission President, President Blackburn asked us to read the Book of Mormon and the New Testament by Christmas. Now I know this sounds like a big challenge but all of you have more time. I only get an hour a day. So I challenge you to do that, to strengthen your testimony of Christ and to read His word. I want to hear of all of you who do that, so I will be expecting letters from all of you.
Ok I have to go and I love & miss you all so very much. I know this Church is true and most of all I love the work. There is nothing greater than this. Hope you are all doing well and hope to hear from you soon! Love you!
Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates