Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Emergancy Transfer

Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Hello Hello everyone!

So don't worry I'm fine, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to write yesterday I had an interesting day yesterday...a really interesting one.

This past week I was in another area with my old District Leader Elder Lovelace and it went great - I gained 3 pounds in a week from the Simoans. No lie I ate 6 plates full of food because they expect you to eat until THEY are satisfied with your eating and because I was "the new one." So yeah that explains why I gained so much weight. Anyways, last week I had interviews with President and he told me that I was going to be training no matter what even though I told him that I didn't think I was ready, in fact, when I said I wasn't ready he simple changed the subject and pretended like I hadn't said anything - very nice of him huh? Just kidding. So throughout the whole week I was relaxing with the whole idea that I was safe and that nothing could happen to me, well I was wrong. Yesterday at 9AM I got a call from my AP and he said that he had some information for me. I assumed that it was about the incoming ASL Elders that were coming this week etc. But once again I was wrong. He started talking and I wasn't really paying attention but all I heard was the word "transfer" and to every missionary that is the worst word in the book. So yeah I'm in a spanish area that is all bike, compared to all car, and i'm flushing into this area - meaning that no missionary has been in this area. Crazy right? Let me first say that the ASL program doesn't work like the spanish program in the sense that it's not the same. The work goes differently and most of all we are driving all day instead of on our feet. My new companion is Elder Salas and he is also mexican, which makes him the best automatically. This also usually doesn't happen because two latins are never put together for some reason haha. No he is way cool and we get along really well. He is a transfer younger than me this will be an intersting rest of a transfer. So by the end of the day we had finished unpacking but had nothing to do because we had no phone, no area book, and most of all we didnt' even know what our area was, it was pretty funny because when we call our Zone Leaders they didn't know either because this was literally last minute. Another Elder from the Ohio mission had to come to California to get some citizenship stuff resolved so everyone is still pretty confused. OH and something intersting. Elder Clack is now my district leader and for those who are in the Red Rock Stake that name should sound familiar. Ends up he is Jared Clarks cousin who is in Japan now. Just proves that this is a small world. Oh and the Elder from Ohio is Elder Soto and it turns out that my companion knows his brother because his brother, Elder Soto served in his ward back home in Colorado. How crazy is that? Anyways hopefully we will have a lot of baptisms and from the sounds of it, this area is a high baptizing area, so I'm way excited for the things to come. I know that it will be hard but if we trust in the spirit anything is possible.

Know that I know that this Church is true and that there is no question in my mind about it. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our living prophet today, not just for our Church but for the entire world. I know that the hand of the Lord is involved in this work and that without His spirit, this work would not be anywhere close to where it is now. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I love and miss you all, and I hope to hear from you soon! Take Care!

Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates