Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

Wednesday, May 19, 2010
What's been up my family and friends? This week has been an alright week. Nothing too special but I can't complain. All I know is that I can't wait for the end of this month (I'll get to that later on) because it's going to be the literal best Sunday EVER!

In general, as I said, this week has not been too much different than any other week. We tracted and then we tracted some more. We walked and then we walked some more. Haha but life is still good, amazingly enough. So I know you might be thinking shouldn't I be way excited, way happy because I had a baptism...well it didn't happen :( Let me explain. So...this last week was supposed to be the baptism of Tracy, Dalton, and Alysha, but we had to cancel it for one reason-Alysha. She said she wasn't ready to be restricted and to ACTUALLY live the commandments, even though that is what here other youth group is trying to tell her. Funny thing is that when she was talking to her mom about it, Tracy said she said "well it's not that they have more rules, it's that they actually follow them..." Haha awesome. But overall this transfer has been a bit frustrating because we have worked so hard to find and when we find they accept baptismal dates and then everything that goes in between goes wako. Now that I think about it I don't think any of our investigators have actually hit their original baptismal date. One thing is for sure, it's teaching me how to be patient. Anyways back to "the Fam," they accepted another baptismal date for the 30th and this time they seemed more enthusiastic about it. Which you know what that means, I'm going to have a baptism on my birthday! WOO HOO! How cool is that? Yeah I know, cool. Haha. Just playin. Moving on, Lucinda has been out of town for about two weeks now so we haven't been able to get a hold of here and prepare her to be baptized. Ummm...everyone else has been dropped I think. BUT I do bare some good news, we found a part member family in our area. You don't find those every day but it is definitely good when you do. I went on splits the other day with Elder Hetchler, can't remember, and while we were street contacting to the area we were going to tract we ran into a member. I thought he was joking because usually when they say that it is because they don't want to talk but that is the worst answer you can give to a missionary since we love members. Any who, yesterday we decided to go back to this supposed member's house and it turns out that he wasn't lying. There are 3 members in the home and the boyfriend and the parents of the sister of the member we ran into are not members. So we are definitely go to jump on that and hopefully we will get a baptism out of that.

Last week Friday we had Zone Conference and this one was just like the one before, except we got news of a lot of changes that were going to take place in the upcoming transfers. I'll list the changes (1) there will be no more nightly calls to check if we are in and safe, (2) splits will be changed in schedule, so instead of 9PM to 9PM they will be from 12PM to 12PM, and (3) this is the big change, the languages are going to be split up differently now. Instead of it being bilingual mission the Church decided that it is going to turn into a English-Spanish mission. For me that won't really matter because I will most likely end up in ASL again but if not, President said that all the native Spanish speakers will go to the Spanish program, but that doesn't leave to the possibility that I could go to the English program. Everyone is freaking out, especially my companion, because he wants to be in the Spanish program. All I know is that it shouldn't matter either way because the Lord will put us wherever He needs us and we need to be satisfied with that, after all we are on the Lord's errand not doing Him a favor. I did learn some things from Zone Conference. I learned a lot about the importance of Motherhood and their guiding roles. Sister Blackburn talked about how mothers led the Stripling Warriors in the Book of Mormon and how "motherhood is another word for sacrifice" (I believe David O. McKay said that). To me it didn't make much sense because I can't apply it too well but I applied it as best I could. Here is my interpretation: service is another word for sacrifice. As missionaries we have the wonderful opportunity to serve 24/7. Yes it gets redundant and annoying but that means we are making a sacrifice that will benefit us in the long run.

Well sorry this is a short email, I'm running out of time and I gotta go. I love and miss you all. I know I say that all the time but I do mean it. Dad take care of Mom, Mom take care of Dad. I don't know how you will do that because you both just went through surgery but do it :) Best wishes, till next week.

Elder Leavell

1 comments:

marion said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://businesseshome.net

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates