Monday, September 13, 2010

What Can I Say

Monday, September 13, 2010
Well I don't got much time to write all of you on this fine evening, but I have to, at least, give you all some update. Hopefully all of you are doing mighty fine because the sun is shining bright over here! Got to love California weather. Summer has past and it didn't ever feel like summer, but that could mean that it's going to be a cold winter. Not cool. At least we can wear more layers.

Once again not much was accomplished but this time it wasn't because of meetings, that randomly came up, but because of some ordeals between some that are close to me. No worries everything is fine, we just had to be up at the mission home with President Baker all of Friday and Sunday. On Tuesday, everything was closed (as I mentioned before) so we did some extra errands with Bryan Camacho, a youth from our ward. He got to see a side of missionary work that is not normally seen by members, so I'm sure that was an interesting experience for him. Haha we didn't do anything with him-work wise. Oops. Then Wednesday, we went up to the mission home to turn our car in to get the other one fixed. Another interesting story about that. Elder Hancock, the car guy, wasn't there when we got there so we went out to eat around the mission home and came back. We took an hour to give him enough time to do his things and when we returned he still wasn't there. My companion got a little frustrated but things happen like that all the time so we waited and 10 minutes later we were on our way back to the wonderful city of Wilmington. We got back around 3, right in time for an appointment with Franci. We had Stephanie meet up with us for the appointment to see if that would resolve her concern for not going up to the Visitor's Center, turns out that concern was just a cover up because she wasn't that interested as we for saw. She said that she saw us as more of a friendship and didn't want to do anything. It was sort of awkward having to drop her with Stephanie there, never done that before, but it ended well and she said that she would give us a call after her wedding, of which she invited us to. Cool huh? It's in November so we will see if I'm still here in Wilmington. Then we took some time to make a Plan of Salvation chart for the Morales, which leads me the only main lesson that we had this week. We taught the Morales family the first half of the Plan of Salvation and they enjoyed it. They were happy to know where they came from and why the fall of Adam and Eve was so important for the plan. We commited Francisca, the wife of Gerardo, to baptism on the same day as him, she accepted with the condition that we would bring more visions and teach her some more. I'm so thankful for the plan that our Heavenly Father has given us, it really helps understand the scriptures more, especially when it comes to the certain circumstances in the scriptures where things get sketchy. We should be teaching them the rest of the Plan of Salvation this coming week and I know that it will be an answer to their prayers. Then comes Thursday, meaning weekly planning day. We did it at the beach this time and I'm not going to lie I wasn't that into it because, hey, I was at the beach and it sunny this time. PLUS there were whales and dolphins popping up like crazy and spouting water up every 2 minutes. It was sick. So I got distracted. It happens sometimes, give me a break. Sadly that was my entire week. NOTHING. As missionaries we wish for these types of weeks that are laid back but let me tell everyone who is serving their missinoright now: it ain't worth it, it's not fun. I really do mean that. There is nothing worse than nothing. It's weird that I'm saying this but I guess that means that I have learned something right?

Once again sorry for the short message, got to tighten some loose ends and finish some things that need to be taken care of. Love you all and miss you bunches. For reals.

Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates