Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Round

Monday, October 18, 2010
How are all of you doing on this marvelous evening? It's been great hearing from all of you, well from some of you. I think that my mailbox has been a little empty. So if you could fill it up for me that would be great! Anyways things have been going great, you are probably wondering where I got transferred to so I'll let you know where I went with a clue...it's somewhere that I have been before...I have a big area...and a car...it's the ASL program. Haha that was fun. Yeah I'm back and my new companion is Elder Tritch. He is from Las Vegas, well Henderson, so not really and he is deaf. It's been quiet over the past few days and I'm not going to lie, I'm not quite used to it but I'm sure I will over time by going insane haha. That is what Elder Franco told me, and the District Leader has told me that too, that Elder Franco was going insane and having weird experiences like talking to himself. Gosh I hope that doesn't happen to me haha. Elder Tritch is pretty cool so I can't complain.

Anyways moving onto some other things. My last day in the area was a really "bucket" meaning lazy, unproductive, and whatever the words that go along with those lines. It was like that because I wanted to go say goodbye to all of the families that I was really close with and so that took up the entire day. It was way fun. I wish that all days could be like that, but if that happened the work wouldn't go anywhere and we would only be visitng them because there wouldn't be any new members haha. So this weekly email is going to be a little different. I'm going to put up some pictures and then talk about them for a little. Hope that is ok.
Bishop Alvarez and his family. One of the most centered families, even with all the chaos.
Anthony Martinez. Solid convert. Enough said.

The Morales family. Love them. They are going to do great.

The Diaz family.

The Camachos. Crazy! They are all about the parties. For reals. If there
But I think that the most amazing experience that I think I will ever have on my mission, happened on Friday. I had the opportunity to go to the Visitor Center Dedication with the Morales family. OH MY GOSH! Elder Nelson came down to dedicate the building and it was awesome. I had to translate for Elder Tritch but it was all good, I wasn't too distracted because I could still feel the spirit like no other, it was WAY strong there. Reverend Jackson came to represent the City of Los Angeles and he was an interesting speaker, to say the least. The other cool thing was that some Monks came and some Islamic people came, not to sound racist here (that is not what I mean by what I'm going to day) but their clothing was the only way that I could tell. When Elder Nelson was dedicating the Visitor Center, as I said, the spirit was so strong, it was nuts. His prayer was amazing and you could just tell he was one that had authority from our Heavenly Father. In other words, you could just tell and feel that he is an apostle of the Lord. Afterwards, he stayed for awhile and was talking with everyone, so naturally I went up. I shook his hand AND took a picture with him! Yeah you know you are jealous! If not, well don't know what to tell you. It was a great experience, one that I will never forget. It only solidified my testimony, even more, that this church is the Church of Jesus Christ and that I'm doing the right thing.

As far as the ASL program, I'm a little overwhelmed. It's changed a lot since I was last in the program but I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve wherever the President needs me. It's a wonderful blessing. Everyone is joking around here saying that I need to learn Korean so that I can go to any program in the mission haha. PSYCH! We have a lot of work but what I have learned from the times that I have "flushed" an area is that I can't take everyone in at the same time, otherwise, I'll end up loosing everyone. It was interesting still seeing all the people that I knew in the Gardena Ward. It was a little bad because they kept walking into the sacrament meeting and so I had to walk out and talk with all of them. All, in all, it was a great to see all of them. The program is growing so that is good but the work is still the same: driving all day, that's a bummer sometimes.

I love you all. Send me some letters. That would be great. Hope that you are all doing well and are enjoying what you are doing. That is key. Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates