Monday, October 11, 2010

Never Look Back

Monday, October 11, 2010
The wonders of the mission never cease to surprise me. I can't believe that another transfer has gone by and that I'm that much closer to the end of my mission. Everyone is rubbing in how much time I don't have left and well...I still have 8 months left, members are always funny haha. Anyways hope that you all have enjoyed this past week and have found hidden blessings in your lives. I have done that and it has helped me get through some of the difficult times that occur on the mission.

The week started off a little slow, didn't have much to do because everyone that we had visited had been visited often last week. We did some tracting and found a guy named Carlos. He seemed to be promising when we first met him. He likes Joel Osteen a lot, says that he watches him on TV more than he goes to church. We set up an appointment with him for the following day to do some service for him, he ended up not being there. It was WAY discouraging because that summarizes Pen Zone and it really has been really hard to get anything going in my area. Luckily, we had some good appointments the rest of the day with the Camachos and the Morales. The Camachos are always the same, rowdy and wild. It's fun to be with them because y make it feel like I'm at home even though I'm not. Then the Morales are the same. Home. It's so great to see how much they have progressed as a family. I guess from what Moro had told me, Gerardo has been helping around the house a lot and has been motivating his wife to get baptized. It's really amazing to see how the gospel does change lives and it impacts people in such a way that it is almost instantaneous. Last Sunday, I forgot to mention, he said that it was all because the example of his son and how he changed his life for the better and didn't end up like his cousins who are now cholos and doing drugs everyday. I'm so proud of him and I hope that they know that I love them all so much and I'm very grateful to see that example, it really has helped me remember what I'm here for. Funny story/amazing story: on Sunday, of course, was the confirmation of Gerardo, he came in a suit for the very first time and was looking like any of the other members (everyone was saying afterwards, that they confused him for someone who was a leader in the church haha how sick is that?). He sat down and you could tell he was way nervous but he did just fine. I told him, after he asked what he had to do, was to sit down and listen-listen to the spirit and listen to the words of the confirmation. The funny thing was that I didn't think that I was going to do and after some debate on the stand the Bishop told me that he couldn't and that I was going to do it. I was so scared! I had never confirmed someone into the church and I didn't remember all the words that I had to say but the coolest thing happened. Literally, the words were put in my mouth. I think that it was the first time that I have ever experienced that, at least me noticing. I'm so thankful for my Heavenly Father for blessing me with that blessing, I know that I hadn't covered anything of the manner and I knew I couldn't do it without his help. Gosh, it's amazing to see the gospel in action, even though we are not always worthy, feel worthy, to be a representative of Jesus Christ. I'm truly in aww still and am so happy. Anyways, the rest of the week we helped with homework. Think I did two English essays, of which were college level, and apparently the professors loved them. So I'm pretty proud of myself. Then I did some math homework with the Andrades. Boy do I need some help with that when I get home. Haha. I tried and I couldn't get it. I feel bad for the Andrades. Their parents don't really care what's happening with them. All they are interested in is having other people take care of their kids and helping them manage. Daniel is failing two classes and I got mad at him like a parent would so I told him to tell his parents and he did. His parents said "too bad." People these days really need to step up their game. I can't believe that people would be able to get away with that. It really frustrates me when I find people like that. Some other service that we did was for this band teacher that we got a referral for. He is disabled so he can't really get around a lot. So we cleaned his house. It was pretty bad. Really bad. We almost threw up. But all in a normal mission day huh?

Well sorry for the short email. I got to get going to do normal pday stuff. I'll see if I can add some things later on. Alright take care. Love you all. Church is true!

Elder Leavell

The Delgado Family. Awesome family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates