Monday, November 1, 2010

Could I say "Happy Halloween"?

Monday, November 1, 2010
Well I hope that all of you had a splendid time this week, as well, as enjoying all the festivities that come along with the wonderful holiday of Halloween. It is always nice to be a missionary on these holidays, I mean who wouldn't want to stay at home all night, having consistent knocks at the door with trick or treaters? I know I would haha. NOT. It was all good though. We entertained ourselves for sure haha.

This week was an interesting week because we had a bunch of meetings. Remember when I had those two weeks of just meetings the entire day? Well they are back again but luckily this time they are a little more spread out and so it's not as hard on the brain, if you know what I mean. That leads me to an interesting story. So on Friday we had the meeting and our car had to be taken to PepBoyz (never go there by the way) to get the brakes changed. We had the bright idea to leave it there before the meeting, which started at 9AM, since they always seem to take forever doing something. Well when the meeting was finally over, around 3PM, and we headed back to where we lived, we stopped by PepBoyz, around 4PM, and well the statement still stands "they take forever to do something." We got there and the car was still lifted with the wheels off the car and they told me that they couldn't find anything and asked me if I could find something. I told them "well, if my companion, who is deaf, can feel that the brakes are having a problem, I think that it would be safe to say that there is a big problem." True story. Anyways, we took it for a test drive where they magically discovered the problem, since a car has a mind of it's own. I didn't get mad but it was WAY frustrating. We left and that was that. The manager found out and said that if we went back on Thursday that he would do it himself and change the whole thing with the brakes. If I could have any complaints with having a car that would be one of them-PepBoyz runs. As far as our investigators go. They are moving, slowly, but moving. We had an amazing lesson with Noe last Tuesday. We talked to him about the restoration and how it can bless our lives. He had a bunch of questions but he was excited to hear what we had to say. He was surprised that we had a lot in common and that we had the same basic beliefs-Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, the Bible is the word of God, and that our goal here in life is to learn to become better. It's amazing how things work out huh? The best part is that we finally contacted his neighbor, Lilia, who is deaf! I was so happy when we finally got a hold of her! She is soooo nice and so willing to come to church if she didn't have to work. It's really a bummer living in the economic times since it is really a big issue for some people who can't survive if they don't work. But I think that there have always been ways that have tested the faith of many, even members to continue following the commandments of our Heavenly Father. It's only a matter of, will we do it or will we not? That is where agency comes in and that is what I hate because I know that following the commandments of our Heavenly Father ALWAYS will bring happiness and I wish I could force people to do it so that they can experience it. But yet again that is what Satan did and look how he ended up...I'll pass haha. Enough with the ranting. The Guzman family came to church yesterday and so did Johnathon. It was awesome. We missed the first half of sacrament meeting, since we had to go pick him up but he seemed to enjoy it because he was participating and talking a bunch. It was sick. Walter and Cathalina didn't go to church so we will have to go talk to them about that. Tisk tisk haha. Oh and we contacted another deaf person that hadn't had any luck with yet. His name is Moises, so Moses in English. He is hard of hearing and way cool. He goes to the same high school as Juan Jr. so hopefully we will be able to get his whole family to church as well. Gets really distracted though. Yet again so do all of the deaf people. Well I'm wrong. They just tune out after awhile and go into their own world. Sometimes I have wondered what is like. Random ahh I'm turning into them! :)

So for Halloween we celebrated it twice. On Saturday we had a tri-ward "Trunk or Treat" it was awesome. The best part was seeing Tracy, Dalton, Alysha. Forgot how much I missed them. They are doing well and being them cool-selves. Can't complain. We were there for a couple of hours. My companion went trick or treating at the "Trunk or Treat" and all the members came up to me asking why he was doing it and simply said "I don't know, he is Elder Tritsch" haha. We would call it a deaf-ism. They are pretty funny. We helped set up and do all that jazz. It was freaking cold though. I thought I was going to die but after awhile I didn't feel it, probably because I was numb. Oh well. I'm not sick so that is good. Then on Sunday we went to the ASL South apartment for dinner. It was legit. Elder Hadlock blessed us with his cooking skills so we ate well. It was fun being with all of them since we are always together anyways haha.

The gang with Alysha's boy

Elder Western, Elder Van Dam (who likes mustard), Elder Hadlock, & Elder Tritsch

Well this week has been fun. I'm glad that I have the blessed opportunity to serve a mission. It is a true blessing from my Heavenly Father. It's weird to think that it's right around the corner when I go home. I love you all and miss you too! SEND ME SOME LETTERS! and I will love you more! For reals though. Letters are awesome. If you read this I expect a letter ;) Alright well hope you have an awesome week next week and may the blessings of the Lord be in abundance.

Elder Leavell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates